Outfits For Hourglass Shape: Fashion is a constantly evolving industry that caters to all body kinds and forms. Dressing for your body shape is all about emphasising your greatest features and feeling confident in what you wear. The hourglass form is a body type that many people like and consider to be the embodiment of femininity.
The body shape is characterised by a well-defined waistline and equally proportionate bust and hips. This form is inherently curved, and the trick to dressing for it is to highlight your curves while still creating balance in your silhouette.
Therefore, without further ado, let’s plunge into the realm of this particular shape with 20 unique outfit choices chosen especially for you – here’s a summary of what we’ll be discussing:
What is Hourglass Figure?
It is normally characterised by a well-proportioned body with a defined waistline, balanced hips and shoulders, and a curvy silhouette. Some of the key characteristics of this particular body shape are:
This body shape is known to be symmetrical, with the left and right sides of the body mirroring each other. Moreover, it can come in different heights, whether petite or tall, but always maintains well-balanced and proportioned body parts.
The hourglass figure has a defined waistline, which is the narrowest part of the body. This is often the most prominent feature of and should be emphasised in clothing choices.
This figure especially has curves in all the right places, with a full bust, rounded hips, and shapely thighs. This creates a feminine and voluptuous silhouette.
It’s no surprise that this body shape has inspired innumerable fashion trends and adorned magazine covers for decades. This body type emanates confidence, femininity, and attractiveness, and women with it may show off their curves in a variety of clothing designs.
The hourglass form is a blank canvas for fashion inventiveness and style experimentation, from body-hugging dresses to high-waisted trousers.
Dressing up with that body shape is all about accentuating your curves and creating a balanced silhouette. Remember to choose clothing that fits properly, neither too loose nor too tight, to achieve the perfect hourglass silhouette. With these tips, you can confidently dress up your body and showcase your curves in the best possible way.
- A-line skirts and high-waisted pants: These options showcase your curves while creating a balanced look as the goal is to appear longer. If you have slim legs and want to highlight them then skinny jeans are another great option.
- Opt for V-necklines: These elongate your neckline and draw attention to your bust.
- Add layers: Fitted blazers or structured coats can add dimension to your outfit.
- Accessorize: Statement jewellery or colourful scarves can make your outfit pop. But one must-have accessory for hourglass shape is a belt. Include different types, styles and colo
- Wrap dresses: These are a great option as they highlight the waist and accentuate the curves.
- Belts: Adding a belt to a dress or outfit can emphasize the waist and create a more defined silhouette.
- Bodycon dresses: These tight-fitting dresses hug the curves and highlight your best features. Bodycon dresses come in a variety of lengths, from mini to midi to maxi. As an hourglass figure, you can choose the length that suits you best. If you have great legs, opt for a mini dress. If you want something more modest, go for a midi or maxi dress.
- Peplum tops and dresses: These add volume to the hips while still maintaining a defined waistline.
- Wide-leg pants: These balance out the curves and create a streamlined silhouette, especially if you go for white wide legged pants.
- Midi-length skirts and dresses: These show off the legs while still accentuating the waist and hips.
- Structured tops: These provide structure to the upper body and balance out the curves below the waist.
Remember to experiment with different styles and silhouettes to find what works best for you and your unique body shape. And always choose clothing that makes you feel confident and beautiful!
Semi-formal & formal Wear
20 – Black & White String Top Paired With White Pleated Skirt
19 – Red Peplum Knee-length dress with white details
18 – Off-shoulder Frilled Top With High-Waisted Glitter Skirt & Silver Accessories
17 – Backless Pink wool dress with white sandals
16 – Dark Blue Blazer with b/w Stripe tee & Pink Suit Pants
15 – Lavender Floral Midi dress with gold accessories
14 – Black Jumpsuit with deep V-neckline
13 – White set with long lime green coat Paired with Gold heels
12 – Black top and navy blue blazer with Denim Shorts paired with knee length boots
11 – Black Body con Dress with Black jacket & Off-white sneakers
10 – Kylie Jenners Midi Dress with a sleek bun and neutral make-up
9 – Jennifer Lopez’s denim jeans with blue sheer High-neck top & black high-heel boots
8 – Kat Denning’s hot red Peplum Dress
7 – Kim Kardashian’s forest green midi-length dress and matching floor-length jacket paired with skin Coloured heels
6 – Rihanna’s tracksuit set with a crossbody bag and black sunnies
5 – Marilyn Monroe’s white top with cropped red jacket & a black pencil skirt with heels
4 – Blake Lively’s matching colourful patchwork pantsuit
3 – Scarlett Johansson’s white Knee-Length Dress
2 – Sofia Vergara’s Turquoise wrap-up dress with Platform heels
1 – Beyonce’s Black & white high-rise slit dress
Q. What should I avoid wearing if I have an hourglass figure?
- Avoid shapeless and baggy clothing, as these can hide your curves and make you look frumpy.
- Stay away from clothing that is too tight or constricting, as this can create unflattering bulges and distort your silhouette.
Remember, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to fashion and style. Experiment with different outfits and find what makes you feel confident and beautiful!
Q. Can I wear patterns and prints with an hourglass figure?
Yes, you can! However, choosing patterns and prints that are proportionate to your skin colour and body shape so that you don’t overwhelm your frame is important. If you’re petite, smaller prints may be more flattering, while larger prints can work well if you’re taller. Additionally, choose prints that highlight your curves and accentuate your waistline. Vertical striped skirts, for example, can elongate your figure and make you look taller, while prints with darker shades at the waistline can create a cinched-in effect. Experiment with different prints and patterns to find what works best for you and your unique style!
Q. Should I wear shapewear with my outfits?
Shapewear is a personal choice, and it’s up to you whether or not you want to wear it. However, properly fitting clothing can often provide enough support and structure to create a flattering silhouette. If you find that certain outfits don’t fit as well as you’d like or you want to smooth out any bumps or lines, shapewear can be a helpful option.
Just make sure to choose the right type of shapewear for your outfit and body shape, and make sure it’s comfortable to wear for an extended period of time. Remember, confidence comes from feeling comfortable and beautiful in your own skin, so wear what makes you feel the most confident and comfortable!