Best Faded Beard Styles. To beard or not to beard – that is the question. But just when you thought that it’s your only problem, you now have to decide which beard style looks best in you. It’s overwhelming what a beard can do as it can change your overall aesthetic.
Being sexy doesn’t end in showing off chiseled abs and enormous biceps through them tights. Long before and until today, it seems like beard has much to say about a man’s hotness. Well-groomed facial hair makes you sexier than you already are. Having a beard is more on the stylish side.
However, men living in cold regions like Norway, Russia, and Sweden tend to grow their beards at full length. It’s because beards (especially long and thick ones) give warmth. But if you live in a much warmer part of the world, disregard that idea. For instance, a sharp and stylish beard will give you an edge on dating and employment.
Brief History. Back then, the beard was viewed as a symbol of power and status. The Gauls believed that having long, braided hair and beard meant good social standing and health. But the Romans preferred to have a cleanshaven face. They thought that long beards were only for uncultured people.
During the Renaissance period, beards came back into the light as they were seen in England once again. And then the wigs from France took over. Since then, beard styles have been in and out of the fashion scene. But the stigma of looking weird with a beard has come to an end.
Over the past ten years, we’ve been a witness to how modern men have sported their beard styles. And those men were from corporate industries and police departments.
Research suggests that women think that stubble beard is the most attractive. For your reference, I borrowed this image from AppointFix. It shows statistics about the fanciest facial hairstyles there ever was.
Tips on keeping a faded beard
- Self-Awareness. With this, I’m talking about being aware of how your beard grow. Like hair, men grow beard at different pace. According to Beardbrand, there are an average 30,000 beard hairs on your face. That said, pick a style that would best suit your facial structure and beard thickness.
- Appropriateness. If you spend a lot of time at the office, opt for the professional beard styles. Business-appropriate facial hairdos not only look great at work but in all occasions. But be aware that compared to other beard styles, a corporate beard is harder to achieve and maintain. Investing in a good trimmer is one thing, but mastering trimming skills is another.
- Personality. While a cleanshaven look constantly becomes popular each day, men tries their best to look great with facial hair. Some may even go for a thick, full-grown beard. My advice is you settle with something that matches your personality.
- Mustache and Haircut. Haircut will play a major part in men choosing their beard styles. This would be most helpful if you are caught in “analysis paralysis.” Start narrowing down your options by using your hairstyle and mustache as bases. You can also check out these thin beard styles that are getting very popular these days.
- Moisturize. Choosing a beard style is one thing, maintenance is another. Beard oils products containg jojoba and argan extract are ideal for moisturizing black men’s beards. Use them to take care of your facial hair otherwise it would be harder to groom it. Balms with beeswax and shea butter would do as well.
- Keep it trimmed. Shaping a beard is one thing; trimming is another. Gone are the days when you can just let your beard as it is. For starters, facial hair looks better when trimmed. According to Philips USA, a beard that lacks shape is like “hair swelling from the face.”
- Bad Products. We’ve all seen the posters – ads can be deceiving. When buying beard care products, avoid unnecessary fragrances as well as dyes and lanolin because they can irritate your skin.
- When Brushing Your Beard. Never use sharp-edged combs as they can damage your beard. Instead, look for wooden types and boar brushes.
- Taking The Risk. Personally, I love to take risks. However, I can’t say the same for everyone especially when it comes to facial hair. If you are unsure whether or not you look great in beard, it’s better not to try it at all. Men with patchy beard are more likely to struggle with this dilemma.
- Trying Too Hard. Not all men look good in long beard styles. And that’s okay because bigger isn’t always better. You can look your best in a shorter beard.
Choosing a beard is hard, let alone trying something out of the ordinary. Ideally, men decide what style they’re gonna have according to their face shape and hair type. Another factor that may influence your preference is popularity. Here’s a complete list of all the different beard types.
The faded beard style, in particular, has been in the spotlight for a while now. In this beard style, the “fading” occurs in two areas: the sideburn and on the cheek. This will slim and elongate the silhouette of your face. This style works best for beards with lengths three to six inches. Below are a few different ways that you can choose to style your faded beard:
Faded Beard Shaving Tutorial
15 – Match Your Hairstyle
14 – Patchy Chinstrap
13 – Patchy And Faded
12 – Messy Yet Classy
11 – Show The Edges
10 – For Teens
9 – Thick Beard
8 – Mature Look
7 – Trimmed And Shaped Faded Beard
6 – Thick And Patchy
If you have a patchy beard, you must go through these patchy beard styles.
5 – For Adults
4 – With A Dapper Hairstyle
3 – The Boyfriend Look
2 – Faded Beard with Mustache
1 – Celebrity In Faded Beard
Here are some more of our favorite celebrity beard styles to try this year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.How can I have a faded beard?
A. The faded beard is known for its gradual decrease in length leading up to the ear areas. It depends on where you start the fade – close to your ears or down closer to your jaw. Please know that doing it by yourself is harder than any regular shaping you’ve ever done. But many men will claim that it’s worth it because of the lines and angles it will create.
Q. Is having a beard attractive?
A. For some (or most) people, having a beard is attractive. I can’t speak for everyone but some just don’t appreciate facial hair.
Q. How long does it take to grow beards?
A. First off, it has something to do with genetics. Your ancestors would have a lot to say about your beard growth. Your birthplace influences as well. For one, they say it’s harder for Asians to grow beards. On the other hand, Europeans and Americans have an edge to grow a thick, full-length beard.
Q. Is having a beard in-style in 2022?
A. Yes. Not only does a beard spice up your look, but it also accentuates your personality. Other than that, it can highlight your prominent facial features. So do your best to pick the right beard style for you. However, it might not be for everyone as some men look better without facial hair. But everyone is welcome to try because why not?
Q. Does a beard make you look older?
A. Yes. But actually, it depends on your age. It’s not really a bad thing if you look old so don’t bother. You’ll also look more manly and distinct from others. Imagine buying a drink and not having the need to present an ID – that’s one of the many perks a beard can give you. However, if you feel like you look too old for your age, you can consider shaving the whiskers off for a more decent look.
Q.Is faded beard okay for work?
A.Yes. Having a faded beard is acceptable for such a setting. Just make sure you’ll trim and shape your facial hair well.
Q.How should I groom my beard?
A.Beard is meant to be straight. That said, straighten it using a heated brush for the strands. Meanwhile, trim the beard to remove the split ends so it would look polished as it should be. Some beard conditioner would be useful as well.
Q.How can I have a thick beard?
A.First of all, not all beards are created equal. You may think it’s unfair but it is what it is. Secondly, it doesn’t happen overnight so you need extra patience. But regardless of your ethnicity, you can grow a healthy beard by doing regular exercises and having a balanced diet. Lastly, do your best to combat stress.
Q.How do I fix my patchy beard?
A.You can’t achieve a nice beard with patchy facial hair. Luckily, you’re not a hopeless case. You can try supplements like biotin which can strengthen hair and fingernails. You can also try generic minoxidil which is available over the counter. But before doing any of these, please consult a doctor.
Q.How should I trim my beard?
A.To properly trim your beard, aim for even length, neckline, cheek line, mustache, sideburns and lipline. Do it using the right tools. Apply products if you must. Your goal here is to achieve the shape you desire. Here’s a detailed, step-by-step tutorial on how to trim your beard.