Indian Wedding Fashion- Indian weddings are the most diverse and vibrant kind of weddings in every aspect. They are full of cultural ethnicity vibrancy. In this post, we will be discussing the latest trends for bridal fashion in India.
This year we have seen brides breaking the typical stereotypes and going for new things. So I would say that this is the year of innovation and experimentation for Indian brides. If you are planning your wedding this year or attending one or perhaps you’re planning a function for your loved one, then you are in the right place. My first suggestion to you would be not to hesitate, if you have an idea, no matter how different or crazy it sounds, go for it, and you might be the next trendsetter.
How To Dress For An Indian Wedding
A wedding is something that happens once in your life. For a girl, her wedding is her dream day, where she gets to fulfill all her wishes of wearing fancy dresses, jewelry, and applying heavy makeup. It is when no one passes judgment on her for dressing up so much because after all, she’s the bride, and it is the biggest day of her life.
Ladies make your day unique and comfortable by keeping the following steps in mind.
- You must carefully choose the fabric of your wedding dress. Go for fabric like silk, net, Jamawar, chiffon, etc. because they give a fancy and luxurious touch.
- You must keep the wedding season in consideration before opting for any outfit. Opt for lightweight fabric in summers like chiffon, net, silk, etc. For winters, one, the best option to incorporate in your attire is velvet.
- Brides who want to look slim and want an accentuating figure on their wedding day should go with a saree.
- Lehenga is the most traditional attire worn by any Indian bride. Brides who want a colorful, vibrant flow outfit should wear a lehenga. You can also go with long shirts or the traditional cholis with them as both are in fashion these days.
- With new fashion trends evolving all the time, western culture is also marking its way into Eastern culture. If you want one the mix look, then gown is your thing. It’s usually the best pick for bridal showers.
- Gharara is the best pick for all your pre-wedding functions. It lies in the semi-formal category and is perfect for events like sangeet etc.
- Before you pick an outfit, pay special attention to the color combination. Also, for a variety, avoid repeating colors that you’ll be wearing on some other event of your wedding.
- Your outfit is not everything. Hair matters, as well. Take care of your hair, oil them regularly before your big week so they look healthy. And on your special day go with a hairstyle that suits your face cut as well as the jewllery you’ll be wearing.
- Skin is the biggest concern of every girl. Don’t stress so much before the big happening because you don’t want to be breaking out. Drink loads of water, and cleanse your face, remove all the makeup before you sleep.
- Your makeup is something that can transform you. Make sure you know what suits your face and what doesn’t. You don’t want to be experimenting on your face on your wedding day or worrying about breakouts. Make sure your foundation matches your skin tone, your lipstick doesn’t crack, and your eye makeup doesn’t make you look sick.
- Jewelry is another important factor that can make or break your look. Mostly Indian culture is that you get to wear traditional jewllery that passes from one generation to another. All you can do in that case is to maintain a balance and not wear everything they give you. Also, if the jewelry is colorful, go for a color-coordinated dress.
- Ladies, your comfort matters the most. The more comfortable you’ll be, the more you’ll enjoy and the happier you’ll look.
For a successful event, be sure to read these four simple tips to plan a perfect wedding.
↓ 25 – Deep Red Velvet Outfit
↓ 24 – Indian Bridal Outfit For Plus Size Bride
↓ 23 – Outfit For Pre Wedding Functions And Musical Night
↓ 22 – Light Colors For Your Big Day
↓ 21 – Indian Celebrities On Their Weddings
↓ 20 – Indian Wedding Make-up
This year the natural sort of make-up is likely to be in higher demand. Though Indian brides have traditionally gone for the bold and bright look, now is the time for a more natural-looking base. Another exciting trend is of wearing the winged eyeliner. Especially when combined with bold lips, the winged eyeliner creates the perfect bridal look. Here are Top 10 Bridal Makeup Ideas For Women with Dark Skin for a Stunning Look.
Following are a few great makeup tips that every bride or bride to be must take care of.
- Always cleanse your face properly before applying makeup, and don’t forget to moisturize your skin. Prepare your skin well for the heavy makeup.
- Always use a primer before the makeup and makeup setting spray after you are done with the makeup for an excellent finish.
- Make sure the foundation you are using matches your skin tone. Don’t try to look fair by applying lighter shades of foundation as it will turn grey after some time, and you don’t want that for sure.
- Contour your cheeks, jaws, and forehead area before you apply blush on and apply highlighter on your cheekbones, nose, and also above and below the eyebrows for a glowy look.
- It is better to not experiment with different colored eyeliners and go for a black one with golden eyeshade or the one shade that goes with your dress.
- Don’t wear eyelashes that you cannot carry or which look completely unnatural. Also, use glue of darker color for sticking your lashes as you don’t want a prominent white line.
- Always apply lip liner before you apply lipstick as it will make your lips look fuller. Apply lip plumper over the lipstick instead of a lipgloss as they make your lips look better.
- Don’t entirely depend on the makeup artist and let her know if you think a specific thing isn’t looking good on you.
- Get beauty sleep as that is the key to your beauty and freshness.
↓ 19 – Indian Wedding Jewellery
Most designers no longer recommend the traditional heavy jewelry look. It is suggested that you go for a reasonable amount of jewelry instead and make the most out of it by ensuring its uniqueness and beauty.
My favourite piece of jewelry for the Indian brides is the maang tikka. What makes it so attractive is its versatility or the number of ways you can wear them. There are just so many different styles like the flat pendant, the spherical one, the side jhoomar, or tikka with side layers. I would suggest that when you go to the jeweler, you try all the different designs to choose the one that best suits you. Or you could go for a different style on all the three to four wedding days. Have a look at 18 New Maang Tikka Styles for Different Face Types.
Keep the following points in mind before you choose your wedding day jewelry.
- Consider your face shape and neck length before you buy any jewelry piece.
- You should have an analogous neckline with a necklace silhouette.
- It is better to have detachable jewelry pieces instead of one big piece as it is easy to carry.
- Your maang tikka and earings must compliment your hairstyle.
- Go got traditional and classical jewelry with one or two colors only. As Indian wedding attires are dense and colorful, you must keep the jewelry a little light.
Natural makeup with winged eyeliner, Kundan maatha Patti and a simple bun adorned with flowers. Could this look get any better?
↓ 18 – Indian Bridal Dress
Indian brides have historically gone for bold colors; there is no doubt that the bright colors like red, orange, or pink create lovely brides. But this year pastel shades have been gaining immense popularity amongst Indian designers and brides, and they develop fabulous lehngas and other traditional dresses. For example, the mint green and Caribbean blue colors make a spectacular bridal outfit. If you want, you can even mix up these pastel shades with a bold one and create a new combination.
Here are some more ideas for bridal looks that you can use. Just remember these simple tips, and there’s no doubt that you will be able to arrange that fairy tale wedding you always dreamed about! From the following collection of images, you can get your wedding outfit ideas and make a perfect combination to make your big day memorable.
↓ 17 – Indian Couple’s Matching Outfit
Bridging the gap between traditional and modern, the simple yet classical mehndi look. Here are some Cute Mehndi Makeup Tips and Mehndi Makeup Tutorials.
Latest Style Indian Wedding Lehnga -A beautiful multi-colored lehnga in neon shades, while the groom wears a neon-colored scarf to match the bride’s look.
↓ 16 – Pastel Coloured Dress For Wedding Guest
Beautiful pastel-colored dress, white and baby pink, the perfect combination for a reception event. If you love pastel colors, here are 18 Cute Pastel Outfit Combinations and Ideas to Wear Pastel.
Pastel shade dress with dark blue and a beautiful smoky blue eye shadow
↓ 15 – Indian Diva’s Bridal Outfit
Soha Ali Khan looks absolutely ravishing in her gold & orange Sabyasachi lehenga with a gold choker and a side matha Patti.
↓ 14 – Deepika Padukone In Bridal Dress By Manish Malhotra
↓ 13 – Hot Pink Designer Lehenga
↓ 12 – Red Indian Bridal Dress
For some cute wedding photoshoot poses and ideas, do have a look at these Cutest and Romantic Indian Couples Photography.
↓ 11 – Outfit For Sangeet Night
↓ 10 – Pam Mehta Wedding collection
↓ 9 – Stylish Red Wedding Lehnga
↓ 8 – Latest Indian Wedding Fashion Trends
The latest Indian fashion trends include outfits that are draped or incorporate in some wrap design. For instance, have a look at this outfit by “The Label Rose,” which is a Mumbai based brand. The costume includes a stylish drape, and both wedding guests and brides can use it. The colors for this outfit, too, give off elegant vibes with a touch of serenity – peach and gold is undoubtedly a classic colour combination that never fails.
↓ 7 – Saree For Indian Brides
When talking about Indian weddings, one can never ignore sarees. The saree for the bride has to be just the right amount of fancy and yet not too over the top. Have a look at this saree design, while the solid royal blue colour of the blouse and pallu keeps the look simple enough, the embroidered part of the border adds the bling that one needs for a wedding function. Moreover, a saree like this would always be much more economical than a fancy one that’s filled with embroideries or crystal work. Here are 14 Most Elegant Saree Designs, with the best tips and ideas.
↓ 6 – Outfit For Your Sibling’s Wedding
Take cues from the gorgeous Sania Mirza, who dressed up in a beautiful lehenga style gown, designed by “Varun Bahl Couture.” In Indian clothing vocabulary, this is an “anarkali dress” and is usually paired with a churidar salwar. Sania Mirza looks drop-dead gorgeous as the pink and red floral motifs compliment her. The hairstyle is also the right choice as it helps her show off her statement earrings.
And since we’re talking about sibling’s weddings, here are all the looks that Sania rocked for her Sister’s wedding in November 2016.
↓ 5 – Indian Wedding Lehengas
If you’re thinking of wearing a lehenga, then remember that there are several different lehenga styles, so be sure to choose one that looks best on your body shape. Here are the complete tips on How to wear Lehenga for Beginners in 10 Stylish Ways.
↓ 4 – Combine Different Fabrics And Textures
It’s always a good idea to go for a combination of different fabrics and textures to create a breathtaking outfit. For example, have a look at this royal outfit designed by using velvet and net. Don’t miss out on these Wedding Hairstyles for a Perfect Looking Bride.
↓ 3 – Lehenga Choli Outfit
↓ 2 – Fusion Outfits
A fusion of the West and the East always creates great outfits. Check out this wide-legged jumpsuit with a front cape and wing sleeves, designed by “Aashni & Co.” It’s perfect for any small wedding function as well as for formal wear.
↓ 1 – All White Outfit For Indian Wedding
White, Off-white, and Ivory white is our favourite colors for the wedding season this year, so do give them a try.
↓ Where To Shop Your Bridal Outfit From
Ladies, we know this day is critical and dear to you, and you want to look the prettiest. Many of you might have a dream of wearing designer wear at your wedding. So, here are the top picks for you that you should try. Also, let us assure you that they are not very expensive and you can customize your outfit according to your choice. Best of Luck!
- Neeta Lulla
- Ritu Kumar
- Tarun Tahiliani
INR 2.49 Lakhs
- Manish Malhotra