Living rooms of small size can feel cluttered and cramped if not designed smartly. You have to set the room up with ideas that can trick the eyes into believing it to be more spacious. Strategies like that are able to transform any area which feels small into one which feels aesthetically pleasing and cosy. You have to get it decorated to maximize the light it receives and the weight, colour and scale need to be paid attention to. It can really make a difference.
Designer ideas for a small living room
Regardless of the size of a living room, it should function as the space for entertainment and relaxation. Here are 5 designer ideas for a small living room which will help you live it large:
- Folding dining table: Designs of folding dining table are multifunctional. They can be attached to your wall, made into a serving table or used as a work surface. They are in style always and make small spaces feel more comfortable and spacious. Folding tables vary in shapes, materials, sizes and styles, all the while creating a trend which is timeless in designs of modern interior and the decoration of small rooms.
- Latest sofa designs: The modern latest sofa designs 2019 are produced by keeping small spaces in mind. They make the interior of living rooms in small sizes look organic and complement the other designs. The corner sofas are especially efficient in fitting into corners and utilizing the spaces which are usually left unused. It serves as a seating arrangement too. Some modern designs also consist of storage spaces underneath which are equally helpful.
- Large rug: Selecting a rug which is large in size with a unique pattern can enclose a room and make it feel bigger. Smaller rugs seem to break the floor up visually. So, larger rugs are a better set up in your small living room in order to help you in anchoring the space. They also provide a great staple piece for designing the room around.
- Mirrors: Mirrors are often placed in strategical places for making rooms feel larger. Among the most effective and common ideas for living rooms of small sizes is to hang up a large mirror over a location central in order to create the focal point in the room. You can even position it across the windows to reflect the beautiful view or place it behind a source of light to reflect the light and make a good ambience.
- Neutral colours: Using neutral colours over the floor, ceiling, furniture upholstery and walls can give a small living room spacious look. Such colours give the illusion of expansion and illuminate the room. Neutral palette adds instant sophistication along with the creation of a soothing environment.
Try out a new design which will help you in getting a solution for yours. You can give your room a great twist by adopting modern furniture. Take the ideas into consideration and look for the designs that will perfectly complement your room.