Best Hairstyles for black hair. Jet black hair is trending again. They can look chic, classy, gothic, or even badass. However, that depends on how you style them. On the other hand, black hair can also look dull, plain, and simple. To resolve that issue, we have curated a list of the easiest hairstyles for black to do at home for you. If you are wondering how to style natural black hair at home, this article is for you! There is a hairstyle for everyone below. Have fun!
How To Rock Hairstyles for Black Hair Color?
Black hair is by far the most sought out hair color on the planet. There is a common misconception that black hair is relatively low-maintenance as compared to other hair colors. However, that is far from the truth. They require special care to prevent them from looking dull and plain. The story is not very different for dyed black hair. Maintaining the shine of your colored black hair may be difficult. If you truly want your colored black hair to shine, you’ll have to put in a little extra effort.
Stylish Hairstyles For Black Hair – Dos And Don’ts
- Keep your black hair shiny and glossy with conditioner.
- Use anti-dandruff shampoo to avoid flakes on your black hair.
- Keep your hair products gentle to avoid an irritated scalp.
- Use special shampoos and conditioners on dyed black hair.to avoid a washed up look.
- Choose volumnous haircuts to prevent your hair from looking flat.
- Add some highlights, play with colors, and some add dimension to your jet black hair.
Also, have a look at 23 Hairstyles for Greasy Hair Without Dry Shampoo to Try Now.
↓ 20 – Incredibly Long Black Hair? The French Braid Is Here To Rescue!
Long hair looks beautiful however, it can become an inconvenience especially while doing chores. Hairstyles for black hair braids can help you out! Almost every hairstyle is a hassle when it comes to super long black hair. They lose their contrast and look dull. But, not with a french braid. Here’s how you do a french braid:
- Divide your hair in three sections; top, middle, and bottom.
- Now, divide your top section into three parts like you would with a simple braid.
- Start it like a traditional braid but, after crossing over your middle strand with the other two strands for the second time, add a small piece of hair into the braid.
Also have a look at, 13 Best Long Hairstyles For Women Over 50 To Try This Year.
↓ 19 – The Half-Up Rosette Combo Is Easier Than You Think
Prep your hair by brushing it thoroughly and creating a middle part. Now, take a good chunk of your hair from the top from one side and comb it backward. Divide the chunk into three parts and start doing a regular braid however, start adding small pieces of hair from the side per one cross-over and work them into the braid. Now, repeat the same for the other side.
↓ 18 – Here’s The Best Hairstyles For Black Hair On A Night Out
Nothing is more fierce than a high ponytail. Here is natural ponytail hairstyles for black hair can be made.
- Thoroughly brush your hair and gather them up for a high pontail. Secure the pony with a thin band.
- Now, grab a thick strand of hair and roll it around the band and pin it below.
- Tighten your ponytail and curl the hair flowing from your pony.
- Clean the look by brushing down the stray hair with a clean toothbrush and hairspray.
↓ 17 – How to Spice Up Short Pixie Cut For Black Hair
Pixie cuts don’t have to be straightened up. You can curl them up and even add a shiny hair accessory to spice them up.
↓ 16 – Twist Your Crown
Make a traditional braid, french braid, or a dutch braid and create a crown out of it. Tuck the end of the braid beneath by pinning them up. Allow a good quantity of strands to flow down from behind the braid for a messier spin on the crown braid hairstyle.
↓ 15 – Black Hair With Front Piece Highlights
Create a middle part of your hair, and take out the front pieces from each side. Tightly secure the rest of your hair in a ponytail. Now apply bleach to each strand until it loses the black color. Wash off the bleach and apply a thick layer of blue hair dye as advised on the product packaging.
↓ 14 – Easy Half Up Half Down Hairstyles For Black Hair
Nothing is easier and cheekier than a half up and half down hairstyle. You can almost rock it everywhere depending on the effort you put in it and by switching up the accessories.
↓ 13 – Believe In The Ponytail Charm
Part your hair however you like and brush them backward. Secure them in a low or ponytail to look elegant and charming. Add some curls to add some extra flavor.
↓ 12 – Sleek Buns Are Always In Trend
Neatly comb your hair and gather them like you would for a high ponytail but, instead twist them around into a bun.
↓ 11 – Have You Tried A Mini Pompadour? Puff Hairstyles for Black Hair
Apply a generous amount of root lift spray to the chunk of hair being used to create the mini pompadour. Then, use a hairdryer, and a round brush on the inner side of the hair and constantly comb it in an upwards and backward motion. Secure the pompadour with hairpins and hairspray.
↓ 10 – Jet Black Hairstyles For Weddings
- Curl your hair in an outward direction using a curl iron.
- Create a side part or a middle part if that suits you better.
- Take a few strands of your hair from the front of each part and lightly twist them and pin it at the back of your head.
- Use the remainder of those twisted strands and tuck them inside in each other.
↓ 9 – How To Do A Perfect Middle Part Hairstyle?
The middle part and black hair are made for each other. Achieving the middle part for some could be a bit tricky depending on their haircut or the texture of the hair. But, it isn’t that hard, especially with our trick. Simply brush your hair back, making sure there’s no side part. Then use your comb to estimate the mid of your nose i.e., where your nose divides in half. Follow that line and part of your hair. Keep your hair parted till the crown of your head and then brush down the rest of the hair.
↓ 8 – What to do to Achieve Messy Curls For Black Hair?
There are multiple ways to achieve this look. You can either use a curling wand or simply braid your hair on both sides, spray them with water, and open them up once they’re dry.
↓ 7 – Slay The Perfect Messy Bun In 3 Steps
A messy bun is a classic hairstyle for black hair. To create the perfect messy bun in 3 steps, all you have to do is thoroughly comb out your hair and collect them like you would for a high pony. Then, tightly twist the hair and make a bun out of it while keeping it in one place with your other hand. Now secure your bun with a scrunchie and pull on the bun and the hair on your scalp is to mess it up a little. You can also pull out a few strands of front pieces of your hair to give it a messier look.
↓ 6 – When to Tame Your Afro With Style
Embrace your afro girl! There are so many hairstyles you can create with your black afro hair and slay, here’s how! Here are the best hairstyles for black teenage girl with natural hair.
- Comb through your afro and create a middle part.
- Clip both sides to keep your hair in place.
- Now brush one side out and make a space bun by twisting your hair together and rolling it around in a bun shape.
- Repeat the same steps on the other side and enjoy your cool new look.
I hope this helped you get an idea how to style natural african hair.
Also take a look at, 20 Cute Hairstyles for Black Teenage Girls To Try In 2021.
↓ 5 – Flattering Hairstyle for Women Over 30 With Black Hair
We believe that age is just a number. However, an important prerequisite of fashion is confidence. So, if you feel a little out of your element with the rest of the hairstyles for black hair, then we have a safer option for you i.e., the easy blowout look. Follow the steps given below to achieve this hairstyle on your black hair.
- Then brush your hair to untangle it completely while parting it in the middle.
- Take one strand or section of your hair in your hair brush or round brush.
- Start drying your hair while making sure you comb them in an outwards direction to add volume and bounce.
Also, have a look at Short Hairstyles for Women Over 50 – 23 Trending Hairstyles.
↓ 4 – Enjoy A Short Fringe Moment – Easy Hairstyles For Black Hair
TikTok and DIY fringe fail YouTube videos may scare you. But, cutting your fringes is not as hard as you may think. To avoid any mishaps, all you have to do is strictly stick to the following instructions:
- Take a few strands of your hair from the front and make a ‘V’ shape on your scalp.
- Now brush those strands downwards and start twisting them together.
- Once the strands are tightly twisted, take your scissor and snipe the hair till just below your nose.
- Let the hair go and see how the hair flows. Take your scissor and level the hair length by holding your scissors horizontally.
Now, that you have an idea of the result repeat the abovementioned steps but, make a snipe right below your eyes.
↓ 3 – Easy Braided Hairstyles For Black Hair – The Simple Braid
To achieve a more put-together and cutesy braid, thoroughly brush your hair to ensure it is completely untangled. Then part your hair from the middle, and divide all of your hair into three sections. Take one section and put it over the middle section. Do the same with the other section and tighten it as you would to a knot. Keep doing so until you have yourself a braid. Secure the braid with a cute scrunchie and take out a few hairpieces from the front of your to frame your face. A quick tip for thin hair; pull on the blocks of your braid very slightly and gently to make the braid look more voluminous and thick.
↓ 2 – Add Some Flavor With The Cutest Accessories For Black Hair
Accessories like bright hair clips, hairbands, or hair strings will add a little flavor to your jet black hair. Adorn your hair with beads, and bows. Simply put them in your hair, and curly them a bit, and see your entire appearance change within minutes.
↓ 1 – Easiest Hairstyle For Long Black Hair – A Straight And Sleek Look
Nothing is easier and classier than a straight hair look, especially with black hair. It instantly glamorizes your whole appearance and makes it easier for you to look put together. All you have to do is partition your hair into six parts; two on each side, and then two on the top of your head.
Q. Is Black Hair A Trend?
A. Black hair has been the trendiest hair color in 2021. The days of crazy and edgy hair colors are long gone. This year is all about long jet black hair like Morticia Addams from the Addams’ Family and we are here for it!
Q. Which Highlight Color Is Best For Black Hair?
A. Literally, anything goes well with black. However, something you should take into consideration is your skin undertones. If your undertone is cool, go for richer and brighter shades of red, blue, and green. On the other hand, darker colors and blonde goes well for warmer undertones.
Q. How To Avoid Looking Extremely Pale With Black Hair?
A. Black hair can make you look paler than usual and there is nothing wrong with that. However, everyone has their personal preference on how they want to visually appear. In that case, go for bronzing up the contours of your face to appear tanner.
I am a women’s holistic health coach and student that enjoys history, experimenting with makeup and skincare, playing sports, working out, and doing all things adventure-related.