Mehndi Design and Ideas. Mehndi, which is also known as Henna Design is a reflection of Muslim and Indians Culture.Mehndi is applied on different cultural function in India and Muslim Countries. Most commonly Mehndi is applied to decorate hand and feet during the wedding functions.
If you are looking for some amazing mehndi design this season, then this post is for you. This collection contains pretty mehndi design for the different functions like wedding, birthday bash, Eid etc. Girls love to try new mehndi styles with every new function. Check out following pictures to get Latest Mehndi style Ideas for this season. Popular mehndi trends include Arabian mehndi style and floral mehndi design. You can also check out our earlier post on Mehndi designs – 20 Cute Mehndi Designs For Hands This Year
What are the Trending Mehndi Designs
Mehndi is one of the oldest trends of decorating hands and it is still as loved today as it was about a hundred years ago. Many women love the smell of mehndi and have it on them all year round while others wait for special occasions to apply mehndi or get it applied from someone else.
What are the Different Types of Mehndi
There are many different kinds of Mehndi available in the markets. They can mainly be classified as either home-made and fresh henna or the chemically preserved ones available in cones in the market. They can also be classified on the basis of their colors such as the regular reddish – brown colored mehndi or the black colored mehndi.
While the chemical ones can give you a better color and faster results, they are not recommended because of the risks associated with them. There have been a number of incidents in the past years where girls had their hands burnt after applying mehndi. Even if you do not see any immediate harmful effects of the artificial mehndis, they are bound to get in your and your family’s mouth as you use your hands to eat or cook food and this can be dangerous, especially for kids. So try to make your own mehndi at home or use a home-made mehndi of a reliable brand.
There are also different styles fo applying Mehndi such as Arabi, Moroccan or Indian so do a little research and select a design which will look best on your hands.
How to Make Mehndi Stay Longer and Give a Darker Color
You can try different tips for making the color of your mehndi more long-lasting and also make the color much darker.
- The longer you allow your mehndi to stay on the hands, the darker will the color be. This is one of the most basic tips for dark colored mehndi. For best results, let the mehndi dry overnight and avoid getting the mehndi area in touch with water for at least 24 hours.
- Try applying mehndi on a hot way as the color is better when your hands are warmer. Or you could sit next to a heater when applying the mehndi.
- Certain ingredients can be added to homemade henna to improve its color, these include, essential oils like Lavender, lemon juice, vinegar, etc.
- Make your that you wash your hands before applying henna so it is free of any chemicals or pollutants etc.
- It’s better to rub off your henna when you want to take it off, instead of washing it under water. You can rub it off with a paper towel or napkin.
- Avoid getting the henna cracked by restricting the movement of your hands to a minimum.
- Apply petroleum jelly after cleaning the henna from your hands as it will protect the color.
- Mix sugar with water to make a sugar syrup and dip a cotton ball in it to apply the solution on your mehndi.
- Instead of sugar water you can also use rose water that is easily available in spray bottles in markets.
- If you plan to sleep with the henna on your hands then make sure that you cover it with a plastic bag, toilet paper or a paper bag as otherwise, you might just wake up with henna print on your face.
- Once your mehndi gets a few days old, it changes its color to orangish brown and at this point it doesn’t look too good which is why you might want to take it off. One of the easiest ways to take mehndi off is by use a mixture of salt and olive oil which you rub on your hands with a cotton ball till the mehndi fades away. Some mehndis can also fade away with nailpolish removers.
Celebrities Mehndi Designs
Many divas from the Movie Industry have surprised us with their beautiful mehndi designs over the years. These include both bridal mehndi as well as their mehndi for Movies. Have a look at some of our favorite ones here:
↓Here’s a look at Bollywood Actress Bipasha Basu showing off her mehndi at her own mehndi function:
↓Deepika Padukone’s and Kalki from the sets of movie Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani.
Here are Hollywood celebrities and their cute mehndi designs:
Mehndi Artists to Follow on Instagram
If you want to stay up to date with the latest mehndi trends then there are a number of Henna/Mehndi Artists to follow on Instagram. These artists regularly add some great mehndi designs and ideas so make sure that you follow them.
Step by Step Video Tutorial – How to Apply Basic Round Mehndi Yourself
Circle henna designs are one of the simplest and most traditional styles of mehndi. It is great for religious occasions as well as for brides. See this video to master the art of applying a circular mehndi design. It does take a little time and patience but one can easily learn it in a few attempts.
↓ 10 – Mehndi Design with Roses (Rose Henna)
↓ 9 – Mehndi Design with Bride and Groom (Dulha and Dulhan)
↓ 8 – Mehndi Design for Brides
↓ 7 – Easy Mehndi Design
↓ 6 – Arabic style Mehndi
↓ 5 – Mehndi Design for Fingers
↓ 4 – Cute Floral Mehndi Design
↓ 3 – Latest Mehndi Style
↓ 2 – Chic style Mehndi
↓ 1 – Peacock Mehndi Design
Caz, aka Vixen, has been freelance creative writing for several years. She has a lot of experience in different fields including high street fashion, tattooing art, and even the gothic and historical costumes. Caz has a Diploma in Fashion and Textiles and also a Bachelors Degree in Historical Costume and Corsetry. Her passion lies with gothic design, corsetry and any other styles considered to be taboo or unusual. Style-wise Caz has a love for Vivienne Westwood and her take on the punk era. Although Caz loves the weird and wonderful, she has a deep love for all fashion and allows this to show through her work.